This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.



Not a significant source of fat calories, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.




Monday, February 27, 2006

Time is Standing Still, It's a Dangerous Meeting

On Friday afternoon (not last Friday but the Friday before last Friday...you know, THAT Friday) I was busily doing my work. I work busily because that is in my job description; "Must work busily." Some time after 1:00 PM my boss calls me and says, "I need you to travel on Monday." I respond with, "Ok, you are my boss and I do what you say and love what I do as you say I should do."

He paused for a moment then I heard him say under his breath, "What an idiot." He then added, "I need you to go to hmmriffitwa."

I said, "Where is Hmmriffitwa?"

Seemingly exasperated he said, "It is in the state of Loooqamtus...what an idiot".

So I headed to Hmmriffitwa, Loooqamtus. Amazingly, I could get a non-stop flight.

I spent a whole week in all day meetings discussing things our company wants to do in an impossible timeframe and budget. But we do it, because we care.

Towards the end of those meetings the person leading the discussions started to sound more like the adults in Peanuts cartoons. "Mwaw waw waw waw, waw waw waw." I began to despise my PC like a shrimp that has a little bit of poop in it. You know you have cheap and bad shrimp when it still has poop in it.

Speaking of shrimp, each night after sitting in all day meetings, we would go to Hmmriffitwa Beach and eat seafood. I steered clear of the shrimp. We did have rousing conversations that people tend to have when they really don't want to be there with each other. You know the kind, when you work with people but you really don't want to hang out with them?

When I finally got back to the hotel room I had absolutely no desire to open up that laptop and post anything. I was tired.

I am barely getting over this and still have some trauma to work through. But, I am ok. If someone actually sent me any emails wondering where I was and if I was ok I would say "You can stop sending those now, because I am ok."