This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.



Not a significant source of fat calories, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.




Thursday, May 04, 2006

A Pair of Dutch Chimps Who Send Their Love From Amsterdam.

I love monkeys.

Monkeys make me laugh. Many times I see a monkey and say, "Oh you are a funny little monkey!" Then the monkey will look at me and give me a big teethy grin followed by an, "oooo oooo ahh ahh." I have never seen a monkey actually scratch their head and under their arms. That is probably an evil rotten stereotype.

To clarify, when I say "monkey" I am also including gorillas, chimpanzees, and oragutans. I would like to add sea monkey's but they are not really monkeys. I have never seen a sea monkey perform death defying tricks high above the ground on a trapeze. It would never work.

Before you think ahead of me, I am not going to tell the story of a monkey that came to my house and asked to borrow some sugar. He knocked on the front door with his feet. As I answered he tipped his bowler hat to me and asked, "ello, care to lend me a spot of of sugar?" No, I won't tell you that story.

Today's post is only an expression of my admiration for monkeys. Monkeys have performed great and inspiring tasks. They dance so lovely as the organist plays his minstrel music. I have had breakfast with monkeys. I have also played catch with monkeys using banana peels as the thrown object. Who can ever forget the curious as well as the in-love-with-a-hot-blonde monkeys? Monkeys have played an important part in my life and will always have a warm place in my heart.

Yes, I love the monkey. Long live the monkey.