This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.



Not a significant source of fat calories, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.




Friday, October 28, 2005

Buy Me Some Peanuts...

Many years ago I lived under this illusion that the coolest and bestest thing to be in the world was a professional baseball player. Every time a game was on I would put my uniform on and mimic what was happening. I was in my pre-teen years at the time so I have an excuse. And no, it wasn't just last week. Sheesh, that can get really old, ya know?

In those years I had idolized players because of their prowess on the diamond, their strength and agility in swinging the bat, their smooth glove play, as well as their quickness in running around the bases. To me, even the way they bunted was manly. Overall, to me as a young child, they were the epitome of being a real man.

The two teams in the recent World Series represented places I have lived. They were also teams I heavily cheered for, especially when I attended every game I could. As the series started I didn't really care who won as much as it was a nostalgic trip back to my childhood. It became a time to revisit these heroes I worshipped as the men they were.

My daydreams to my youth were abruptly shattered. I can understand the jubilation in celebrating a world championship win, but did it have to come to this?

I present my FFF for today as well as the end of my youth.


I blame it on the Village People.

The eyes didn't need covering, but the Sox logos did.

Others who are expressing their truest emotions:
  1. CaCa Boy Goes Down Under
  2. Newbie Jenny (Welcome to the game)
  3. Jen Benkel shows shelf (???)
  4. Well?