This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.



Not a significant source of fat calories, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.




Thursday, January 05, 2006

Summer days driftin' away, to uh-oh those summer nights

I called in sick today.

This is something I don't do. I just don't do it. Do it, I don't. But this morning I woke up with a little elf drilling a little elf cave on the inside of my skull. I tried to talk the little elf out of doing it, but he just laughed his little evil elf laugh and continued drilling. While looking into the mirror I noticed that he started to break through my forehead then stopped. That horrible little elf moved to another side of my skull and started drilling again. Every time he would just barely break through he would move to another spot. That damn little elf...damn him...damn him to a cold spot in Wyoming.

Needless to say my boss wasn't impressed. Apparently, he doesn't believe in little evil elves. So he tells me, "Work from home, you have access. Now kneel down and kiss right...about...here."

Working from home has its benefits. First, I can flip him off without him seeing it. I should say, I used to be able to flip him off without him seeing it. But since the Bush administration has installed the surveillance cameras in my home he can see it now. So scratch number one.

There is no number two unless you count what I just did in the bathroom. (Sorry, it has been awhile since I put out a little bathroom humor)

I am being rebellious, however. Consider it my way of getting back at the establishment. Instead of working I am posting this and watching The Munsters. (Treating her insomnia, Granpa puts Marilyn in a coma.) I must admit, I always had a little crush on Marilyn. I also had a gay crush on Grandpa, but that is a whole other story

Green Acres is on right after The Munsters. In this episode, "Both Arnold and Eb have romantic problems". Seems strange, I wonder if it is with each other? As you may or may not remember Arnold is a pig. For you man haters, I don't mean that as a symbolic description of a man. Arnold was a real pig.

There wasn't anyone on Green Acres I can admit to having a crush on. But I must admit that Arnold was pretty cool. In a previous blog life I once said that it would have been great to be Arnold. What man would not want to be a porker in a town named Hooterville?

I am such a pig.

Words of wisdom from Green Acres: "Golly, Mrs. Douglas. You ought to know better than to put whole wheat bread in a white bread toaster."

I really need to get out of TV Land and back to work. Oh, look! Grease is on VH1. Did I ever tell you the time I had a crush on Olivia Newton-John? That is until she killed her boyfriend and hid the body.

Nash Bridges is on USA. No crush ever on Don Johnson but I must admit Cheech Marin is sexy, yo.

Time to switch to The History Channel. In my next post, I may tell you about my crush on the Battle of Tripoli.